Saturday, August 28, 2010

A new leaf 'n all that

Writing really is my passion, in case you somehow failed to pick up on that about me.  Unfortunately, I've spent almost four months now (really?  how sad) doing anything BUT writing, as is evidenced by all the missing posts between May 5 and now.   I promise, the posts have been floating around in my head all this time.  I just haven't been disciplined enough to sit down and try to translate them into something that makes sense while being ridiculously entertaining to the slightly off-balance crowd.

So I'm turning over a new leaf.  Some people have even said (some REAL people and some that are just in my head) that they miss my posts and wish I'd write more often than I do.  Now, since more often than NEVER equals BARELY EVER, I'm thinking I can make that happen.   I know, way to push myself and exceed expectations.

And in that spirit of doing the bare minimum, I'm counting this as my first post.  Think of it as a teaser, my way of getting you to salivate for what awaits you in the coming days.   I'm giving you a reason to jump out of bed excitedly in the morning, probably even before your alarm goes off.

You're welcome.

4 comments:

Hilary said...

Can't wait for the next one. I've missed your humor!

Kristi Smith said...

I find the title of the blog very fitting. And funny. :)

BossyMommy said...

Hil--thanks!

Kristi--So glad you like it. It certainly does feel appropriate. :0)

Heidi said...

I love the new name.

Have you ever actually been to an asylum? I mean as a guest? The funnier things happen once you're there. Trust me. Four months of writing-therapy will never equal two weeks of fresh material. Plus, someone else cooks for you while you're there.

I'm looking forward to new posts, but don't pressure yourself for sanity's sake!