Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pole dancers need to eat, too ... I guess.

I love that when I look out my back door, I see this:


But as beautiful and majestic as it is, it just looks plain naked when its peaks aren’t blanketed in snow, like this:


  Ahh ... that's better.

-I get that there are older (55+) women out there who still have their young-ish figures and are eager to show them off.  But please, for the love, when you're out in public -- like say, for example, at my neighborhood grocery store--leave the pole dancer outfits at home, hanging from the POLE IN YOUR CLOSET.  The fact that you can still fit into it does not mean that it still goes with your face ... if it ever did.

-I get really happy inside when I see cute little elderly couples taking walks together, arm in arm.  I can't help but think that it's a preview of what Rick and I will be doing in a few ... er ... several years.  Forget about Brangelina or Bill and Hillary -- I think we all know who the REAL power couples are.

-I’m seriously considering taking Tuesdays off so I can stay in my pajamas and watch the “Law & Order: SVU” marathon that runs on the USA network every week.   Yes, I love it that much.  And I still want to be Detective Olivia Benson when I grow up.  Major girl crush.


-The other night, as I was frantically trying to do the dishes and cook dinner, my kids came running in the house, excitedly yelling, “There’s a rainbow!  There’s a rainbow!  Come see it!”  My inclination was to give them the standard mom line:  “Just a minute.   I need to finish this first.”  But I opted to stop what I was doing and go check out the rainbow.  It was a small thing that made them happy.  I’ve decided that however urgent the task, it’s always best to drop what I’m doing to “see the rainbow.”  Dishes and laundry and messes are perpetual .  Rainbows and kids are fleeting.

-I always hear people say that they can’t function before their morning cup of coffee.  Since I don’t drink coffee, does this mean that I shouldn’t be expected to do ANYTHING?  EVER?   I’m down with that.

-I don't think I'd make a very good man.  Whenever possible, I try to put at least one stall between me and the other women in a public restroom.  I have a thing about performing bodily functions with a stranger sitting so close to me.



-Nancy Grace was in my mirror again this morning and I am NOT happy about it.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

I also want to be Olivia. I was on maternity bed-rest when I discovered that I could watch her all day and all night, almost without interruption. Then I wanted to name my baby Olivia. Because well, Olivia got me through it. Then my husband said that when he hears that name he thinks of an old, decrepit Russian bag lady. Ruined it for me completely. Have you seen Fringe? Another fabulous Olivia.

Jen said...

You. Do. Not. Have. "Nancy Grace." Hair.