Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Deeeeep Breath...


No more procrastinating.  I'm just gonna do it.  I'm kiping this idea from my awesomer-than-awesome friend, Jenn.  I'd send you to her blog so you can see how truly awesome she is, but she's one of those hoity-toity types who only lets us elite folk peruse her written marvels.  When you're done crying about that, read on...

Jenn is conducting a month-long experiment.  In an effort to force herself to spend a little more time thinking happy thoughts, she's posting about the little things in life for which she is grateful.  Every day.  For thirty days.  She's calling it "The Pollyanna Experiment."  If you don't understand the reason for this label, well, you're too young and uninformed to be reading my blog.

When I first read these gratitude posts of hers, I have to say I was inspired.  But really, not that much.  I mean, take a look at my blog.  Notice the last time I posted?  It was last year!  Posting every day is a HUGE commitment for me.  Nevertheless, here I go.

A few things to keep in mind:  I'll likely be steering clear of the usual fodder:  family, gospel, job, yadda, yadda, yadda.  We're all thankful for those things.  Most of us probably acknowledge our gratitude for that stuff on a regular basis.  This will be a bit more random.  I want to take the time to think about the little day-to-day things that we sometimes overlook.  At least *I* overlook them.

Today is day one.  Now, since this post is already way longer than I had intended, I'll start simply, so as not to lose the attention of anyone who's been kind enough to read to this point before falling asleep or leaving to go do something more fun, like laundry.

1. My treadmill.  I HATE the stupid thing.  It's a boring , ginormous eye-sore and it sits next to my bed facing a blank white wall.  Did I mention it's boring?  But with the weather the way it's been, I am so thankful that I can throw on some workout clothes and crank the incline and work up a nice sweat at 4:30 a.m. without worrying about frostbite and snot-sicles.   Now, if I could just stop being so overly grateful for things like Oreos and Junior Mints and Taco Bell, my treadmill might actually do me some good.

More tomorrow.  Please keep me accountable.  In other words, if you don't hear from me in 24 hours, send out a search party.

7 comments:

Ace said...

I totally agree... the treadmill taunts me, that's why he has a home in the basement. But when the humidity is a thousand percent and the biting bugs are out in force, my treadmill gets much love. Then it's the road that taunts me. Oh, well. I gotta go finish my letters to Jodie Foster now...

Jen said...

YYAAAYYY!!!! I love that you are going to do this too!
It is you who is "awesomer than awesome!" I am so excited to read your blog each day!

p.s. In the true fashion of "hoitey-toitey," it is "Jen" with one "n."

LUV YA!

BossyMommy said...

No, it's JeNN. As in, JeNNifer. Or are you now JeNifer? Make up your mind.

p.s. send me your blog link again. It's on my work computer and I can't retrieve it here at home. I need to read your latest Pollyanna (or is it PollyaNa?) posts.

Krista said...

shut up. 4:30 a.m.? you're lyin.

:) xo

BossyMommy said...

Oh if only. It's the only time I can do it undisturbed and still have time to shower before I have to get the kids up. True story.

Jen said...

2j4g1ns.blogspot.com

If it makes you feel any better, at work I am JenN because that is how they entered it in the email system.

BossyMommy said...

Well, to be clear, I wasn't actually feeling badly about it, so I guess I don't technically feel better. Shortening you to Jenn from Jennifer doesn't really do much to my conscience. I sleep like a baby. But I do like the little nN twist. I may have to steal that one.