Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Pollyanna Day 8

I must say I never thought I'd be consistent enough to make it to day THREE, let alone day 8.  I'm patting myself on the back as we speak.

A couple of things I'm feeling warm and fuzzy about right now:


Garage door openers. Think about it for a minute.  If you have a garage, how much simpler is your life because of that little remote with the magic button on it?  I'm a soccer mom now...for a few more weeks anyway.  I'm in the car, out of the car, backing out, pulling in, coming, going, constantly.  I love that I can just push a button and the door opens and I'm in...or out.  I think having to get out of my car thirty times a day to open and shut the garage door would probably alter my mood, and not in a good way.  I wonder how they managed back in the Little House on the Prairie days, you know, when they had to get out of their wagons to open the barn door in between soccer games.  What a jip.

Snow.  It makes me appreciate the warm, sunny days.  That's all I'm going to say about that, because certain people who live around here tend to get hostile with me when I start speaking positively about snow.  So I won't. Starting now.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Yes! Love the garage door opener. Love the garage! We went without both for a couple of weeks during the fall and it really did alter my mood.

Thank you for not shoving snow in my face again - figuratively speaking anyway :)

Liz said...

Oh I'm so glad you kept the thing about the snow short and sweet. Good move on your part! ha ha! {wink!} And yes... I agree with you WHOLE-HEARTEDLY about the garage door openers! I'm not sure why it makes me so angry to get OUT of my car and WALK to the little code thingy on the side whenever I can't use my opener... but it SURE does! The opener is a little bit of magic that makes me happy! :)

BossyMommy said...

Oh, look! There's two of my snow-hater friends now! Thank you for dropping by, Liz and Jen with one N. I'll be by later to shove snow in your face, literally speaking of course.