Thursday, April 8, 2010

Pollyanna Day 3


This weather makes me happy.  After a seemingly endless string of snowy, cold, wet, cold, gray, COLD days over the last few weeks, we're finally on our second day in a row of sunny and over 60.  It is absolutely gorgeous outside today.  I want to hurry with this post so I can get outside and enjoy it.  Today I'm feeling more thankful than usual for:

Mount Timpanogos.  I love this mountain in all its snow covered glory.  I especially love it on days like today when the sun makes the snow so bright that it almost hurts my eyes to look at it.  Add to that the incredibly bright blue, CLOUDLESS sky that serves as the backdrop and it's all I can do to avoid crashing my car just so I can stare at it while driving.  The sky is so clear and blue, and the mountain is so very white, the contrast almost makes it appear fake.  Like someone drew the mountain on bright sky-blue paper.  I love it.

Communication.  It's not that I'm thankful that it exists so much as I'm thankful I know how to do it.  I'm grateful for the power of words.  When used properly, they can move, teach, inspire, soothe, and change.  As I've focused more lately on writing, I'm feeling the significance of my "gift."  (Sorry to toot my own horn, but I can own this one).  Recently I've had some problems I needed to address, and I've been able to use the power of my words to help create the outcomes I wanted and needed.  I'm grateful that I can sit down and collect my thoughts and translate them into effective communication.  Besides, most of you already know about my love affair with the English language.

Sentences good.  Paragraphs good.  Alphabet goooooood.

And Thursday makes three.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I lived in Provo for my first radio gig, I used to run up Provo Canyon and be amazed at all that flagrant beauty, just casually tossed there for all of us to use. I like your thinking!
Erin

BossyMommy said...

I differ with you on one small point, Erin...I'd say it was strategically placed there. But yes, it is gorgeous.